- "I will ensure that the NUS stresses that occupation is an entirely legitimate form of action."
- "For too long NUS has been too cautious and spineless about being committed to supporting this kind of student activism."
- "Wherever there is non-violent student supported action, NUS should and NUS will absolutely support that, because what we are facing is utterly disgraceful and I am not going to allow an internal civil war between students as that is what our opponents would want."
- "I want to apologise for dithering over the last couple of days, this is a perfectly sensible way and indeed one of the key ways in which this campaign is still out there."
- "NUS is going to be clear and unambiguous in its support for Tuesday's action.""
If you would like to watch the video of this statement being made please visit the following link;