We're glad to see this blog become a forum for debate and support - keep your messages coming. Here are some of the comments we've received by email and on our Facebook page (that can be accessed on the right):
- Good luck & best wishes for the occupation!
- Solidarity from the outside. Should be back in tomorrow when the essay is done ;)
- Solidarity! So sorry i had to leave, was too ill to do anything useful though. You have my complete support, if there's anything i can do just let me know.
- Greetings from the Netherlands. Fight the power.
- Hi, I am a PhD student in sociology. Just wanted to say well done and keep up the good work. I'm was working today so only made a tiny bit of the sit in, I came along on my lunch break.
I spoke to a couple of fifteen year old school kids at work today (I work in a gadget shop) who told me how they had walked out of school during their lunch break. They face being barred from going to their prom but left anyway (apparently their teachers thought the protest didn't concern them) . It's them who the rise in fees will hurt, I told them they should be proud of themselves.
Best of luck.
If you're in the area it's not too late to join us - just come to the Fine Arts building and ask to be let in. Otherwise, keep the messages of support coming in, they mean a lot to all of us.